Saturday, January 26, 2008

!!!!!!!!!! No Gears No Worries !!!!!!!

Wow What a day! Just when i get a little tired of riding I take the single speed out. The first 100 yards then I start to smile. No gears No worries, so simple. Takes me back to my child hood (Diana claims I do not have to go back to far). All you have to do is push down on the pedals, no worry about gear selection. If it gets to hard get off and run. How much simpler can it be.
I have a Surly Cross Check SS cross bike and it is a great ride. In comparison with my mountain bike it is so simple. I recently bought a new fork for my mountain bike. It has more knobs than my TV. It even comes with a DVD on how to set it up. It has rebound, outbound and inbound, low speed compression, blowoff adj.(I ocassionally have blowoff after a bowl of chili)it even came with a pump.
I am a little embarassed to tell this but my first ride I got back to the parking lot and met a friend (Ben Blitch) and I commented on how great the shock was..Ben looked at the shock and asked if I usually rode with the lockout on. Not wanting to appear stupid my reply was oh yeah just doing some testing trying to get it setup. I was wondering why my teeth were rattled out on the downhills. I finally adjusted everything to midrange. I figure if it takes more time to set up than ride what's the use. I am still not sure what the pump is for, something about preload.I just need to figure out where to put the air into the shock. I should probably watch the video. Then again I could just hop oh the Surly SS.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO GEARS NO WORRIES!!!!!!!!!!!
SEE ME SMILE :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

1 comment:

The Fun Park said...

Single Speeds and new forks rock. I just put a new fork on my single speed. It's amazing how well new gear works.