Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'M GOING CRAZEEEEE

Wow what a day! What do you do when you can't ride your bike? I'm going nuts! I cannot brave the cold to go for a bike ride. I think of going but then I step outside and freeze. Diana did talk me into going and looking at antiques. I was driving her nuts so she suggested we go out.

I've called Tim and got the skinny on the cross race yesterday and found that they canceled todays race in the NCCX series. That means the NCCX winter series is officially over.

Yesterday (saturday) was a bit more eventful. Got up at 6am rode the trainer for 1 hour, fixed Diana breakfast(she worked 3rd Friday night) eggs, sausage, biscuits and apple butter. After breakfast I started to prepare roast for dinner but found the crock pot broken, trip to Target.

I decided to do a mountain bike ride in Bent Creek before going to Target in search of a crock pot. I had a great ride. I rode for approximately 3 hrs. The weather was perfect and I got to try my new grabber foot warmer in soles. These worked great. My toes get very cold, never seemed notice them being cold when I was a teenager but now that I'm past 20 the cold seems more perceptable. Also, the insoles were a lot cheaper than the cold weather MTB shoes I recently priced, $279 verses $3.

On to Target for the crock pot search. I did find a crock pot plus some cookies and other miscellaneous items while shopping. I started to go to World Market but knew I would end up buying a bar of white chocolate with hazelnuts and more than likely consuming it before getting home. This I did not need since I am overweight.
The crock pot was larger than I wanted.It is sometimes difficult to find items,appliances and food that are made/packaged for 2 people.

Got home put the roast in to cook, watched it snow and surfed the net. Diana and I fixed some veggies and rice and had a wonderful dinner. That's about it for my weekend. till nex time!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

at $3/ride, you only have to ride in the cold 93 times to make the winter shoes worth your while!

and you're a total fattie. how do you fit through doors?

diana said...

I hope everyone watched the video
'cos its very close to how Dwight was feeling---and maybe me a little
plus its funny

Cara said...

i admit, i don't usually watch the videos, no time... BUT, since diana recommended it... i watched it. here is my comment: too much free time! even with being trapped in the house today i didn't get enough done...