Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Weekend Recap & One Cool Chicken



My weekend went by fast, as they all do. Saturday was spent traveling to Tennessee to do the 1st cyclocross race of the Knoxiecross series. I hooked up with a fellow crosser from Sylva to carpool to the race.
The course was great and it felt good to be racing cross again. I had a very eventful race. First lap I shifted my chain into my spokes(adjustment),huff...huff...huff work my way back to the front, midway through the race front flat, change wheel....huff...huff...huff work my way back to the front, 2 laps to go rear flat, I had just passed the pits and had to ride/run it out. Great training I ended up 2nd. Deb(fellow crosser) won her race. We did not lollygag around.As soon as we picked up swag we hit the road back to Asheville.
Once home I cleaned bikes and waited on Diana. She had done a ride with a couple of friends in Etowah and was going to run by grocer to pick up dinner. Steak and roasted garlic potatoes, great post ride meal mmmmm! We eat steak about 1-3months.
!!!OH YEAH WE BOUGHT A TANDEM!!! We've ridden one several times. Some of our first dates were on a tandem. I worked at a bike shop in my younger days. The first bike shop in Hendersonville. Opened shortly after the invention of the wheel. Great memories, Simplex, Suntour, Fiamme, Clement ........ the bikes Jeunet, Follis, Mirelli, Peugot.......the artful Campagnola catalogs..........suicide brake levers........unfortunately Dale (the owner) was ahead of his time and the shop went out of business. I later learned Dale a great friend somewhat of a dreamer died of a massive heart attack while working out at the gym....Sorry for the flashback!!
Back to the weekend. Sunday Diana and I carpooled with Deb to the cyclocross race in Davidson NC. Another great race although I was aggravated at myself for not realizing the race would cost me $20 rather than $15. It is the only race I am doing in the winter series and I had forgotten that I would have t buy a #. The race went well no mechanicals , the legs were a little flat. I finished 5th, Deb won again and we were on our way home.
Home at a decent hour, dinner off to bed and ready to start another week!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: