Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quiet Week

This week has been back to work after having 1.5 weeks off. I was a bit overwhelmed once I got back to work. Projects have been brought forward which leaves very little time to prepare for them. This is ok it just means more work and making sure all the small details are worked out in a shorter period of time.

I have been working out trying to drop the excess weight I gained during the holidays. This has gone well and I have dropped a few pounds this week and hopefully will be at race weight in a couple of weeks.

Cycling has been done on the trainer with a couple of rides at bent creek. Saturday I took the mtn bike out and did 2.5 hours. Nothing spectacular, just plugged in my MP 3 player listened to music and rode. I find it therapeautic to get out by myself, ride and lose myself in the music and my thoughts. This is much easier to do on the mtn bike. I would not recommend it on a road bike.

Sunday I did another ride at Bent Creek but this time I took the SS cross bike out. I like riding the SS, so simple just ride. I saw my friend Steve Carpenter while riding then once back at the parking lot I ran into Art Schuster, John Mccullum, and Deb. I also saw some cars of people I knew. The ride itself was great. I did a loop on the gravel roads went back to the parking lot and picked some warmer gloves then rode up North Boundary Rd. I dropped down from 5 points then back to the parking lot.

A quiet week: no racing, no traveling!

No comments: