Monday, August 11, 2008

The weekend has gone to the dogs!!!

This past weekend went to the dogs. We had 4 dogs and one cat to care for. Not a bad thing but it made for an interesting weekend. Taking them for walks, feeding watering. It was actually quite fun and entertaining.

Our daughter Amber spent the weekend with us. This was awesome. I installed a hitch on her car and assembled a SARIS rack which slid into the hitch. I definately prefer hitch racks(ones the bike sits in) to roof racks. It may have something to do with my height! Anyway once that was completed we had a shrimp boil mmmmmmm good it did stink up the house a little but we opened the windows to clear the air. After that Diana and Amber watched a chick flick and I went to bed.

Sunday was another great day, got up cooked breakfast and went for a bike ride, oh yeah Saturday Diana and I did our favorite ride in Brevard on the Tandem then ate at our favorite restaurant which has outdoor dining.Back to Sunday...the bike ride was great it was an intense 2.5 hour ride with lots of climbing. Got home cleaned up and waited for Diana to come home from her ride. Once home we went to a cook out ate some good burgers and returned home for a quiet evening on the porch. We were down to 3 dogs now!

That's about it for my weekend. I was a little envious of some friends who were racing but I still think I will wait till cross before racing again...although there is the Fools Gold this weekend and a race in Chattanooga the end of August.
Have a good week and if you need a dog I have plenty!!!

1 comment:

Mr. Carlisle said...

Dwight,

This is Murray Carlisle, I have no idea if you remember me or not. I use to live in Hendersonville and we use to do some road and mountain biking together. I was friends with Cricket. We also did the big Mt. Mitchell road ride and Diana drove a SAG truck that met us before we climbed up to Mitchell.


Anyway, I moved out to Portland, OR in the summer of 2003 and have been here ever since. I found your blog this morning by accident. Very nice stuff.

I'm still heavily into road riding and I finally got a cross bike about 3 weeks ago. I got a used bike with some great components on it. I am going to race this fall. You should come out and do some cross in Portland. It's HUGE out here.

My email is murraycarlisle@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you. Take care.

Oh, I have a blog for my students as I am a high school teacher.