Monday, August 4, 2008

great weekend

wow a weekend with no place to go, no races, I could get used to this. saturday dawned and I was up and off to fletcher park to do road ride with Paul and some others. I had originally planned on riding from the house but I saw the posting for this ride leaving @ 8 am and chose to do it. Two reasons:a) it was a lot cooler that time of day and... b) I could get back home and work on the shelving around the fire place. The ride went great a nice pace minimal stopping and we were back before lunch with 3 hours of riding, perfect.

I got home had lunch and started working on the framing for the shelving. I will post some pics of the project as it progresses. My intent is to have it complete before the first cross race mmmmmm anyone know a good carpenter?

Slept in Sunday morning, flopped around the house finally made it out to Bent Creek for a 2 hour mtn bike ride. It was an awesome morning to be on the mtn bike. I daddled around then it was back to the house. Sunday I was somewhat of a social recluse. Diana and Amber were gone to Charlotte for a concert so I had the place to myself. Well almost I had to share with a cat and 2 dogs. Anyway no progress on the shelves today. Came home took a nap, got up grilled some burgers, ate,read listened to music and layed in the hammock.

That's about it for my weekend, nothing exciting. Oh yeah I did go for my yearly check up. Doc said I was fine, said I should live to be 120, Diana rolled her eyes, 70 more years.

thanks for reading have a great week!!!

1 comment:

My name is Stephen said...

Are you going to the Night Train?