Sunday, August 17, 2008

A slight setback

My cycling plans have suffered a slight setback. I have given in to temptation.I know I said no more racing till cross season, but opportunities continue to pop up. I do not look for them they somehow find me; i.e. My friend Howard and his wife came up to spend the weekend and during one of our many conversations about cycling Howard happened to mention a mountain bike time trial that takes place near him and told me I could stay with them if I would like to come down and do it. How can one pass up an opportunity like this. The same day Van called and asked if I would be interested in doing a race in Chattanooga on August 31, then Kerry calls and tells me about some pre-season cross races in his area. What is one to do? OK, after August and September no more racing till cross!!!! Diana says DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekend Recap:Weekend started with a great mtn bike on friday then dinner with Diana. Saturday was a quick ride and tidy up around the house. Howard and Susan arrived ~6pm and it was off to Asheville and dinner at Doc Chey's. Walked around town a bit then it was home and off to bed. Got up Sunday morning (I) cooked breakfast(biscuits,eggs,bacon,hashbrowns,strawberries,grapes and jam) I like breakfast. After breakfast we headed to Brevard to do my famous Frozen Creek ride. This is one of the best rides around.After the ride we stopped at Poppies for lunch then we all headed home, Howard and Susan to Hickory and Diana and myself to Fairview to sit on the porch and relax.
I hope everyone has a good week!!

1 comment:

My name is Stephen said...

Off Road TT? Where, When? Details on the race in Chatt?