Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cleaning Tubular Rims

I received my Grifos today and started the dreaded process of cleaning the rims before gluing. I did a little research beforehand and found where someone recommended using Goof Off (I thought this was something I did at work)!

I stopped by Lowes on the way home from my training ride and picked up a pint. This stuff works GREAT!! I had the rims cleaned in ~ 30 minutes. I do recommended doing the final cleaning with alcohol. The Goof Off leaves an oily residue which may inhibit the ability of the glue to stick to the rim.

Oh yeah make sure you use in a well ventilated area. Inhaling the odors for a long period of time may make you goofy. Diana tells me she would have a difficult time determining if the Goof Off made me goofy or I was my normal self. Not sure what she meant by this?

Anyway the stuff works great for cleaning rims!

No comments: