Sunday, August 24, 2008

Old Soldiers Reunion Ride

Hello everyone, that is if anyone reads this Blog we had a great weekend!!! I rode both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was a 2.5 hour ride with some masters riders out of Asheville and Sunday was an organized event in Newton North Carolina.

The ride in Newton is called the Old Soldiers Reunion ride, and what a ride it was. Since I am old and served in the military (no not WWI as some of you may think) I thought it appropriate to go down and do the ride. Diana and I got up at 5 am Sunday morning and drove down to Newton, 1.5 hour drive. We had packed everything the night before so it was get up eat breakfast hop in my trusty old truck and head down I40.

The ride itself was awesome, a perfect ride to do on the tandem. The course had plenty of rollers where you could carry your speed going into them and pop over the top without much effort. Diana and I did the 60 miler and did it in 2 hours 40 mins. I had hoped for 2.5 hours but we both faded big time during the last 10-15 miles.This was a great ride with showers and plenty of good eats at the end.

We were back home @ 1pm and it was nap time (i like naps). Woke up, a little groggy and sat on the front porch for a while to overcome the grogginess and now we(diana) are preparing dinner for our daughter her friend and her boyfriend. All in all a great weekend and on to another week!!!

No comments: