Sunday, August 24, 2008

Twas the Night before Cross

Twas the Night Before Cross

Twas the night before cross,
When all through the house
Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.

The tubulars were all glued to the rims with great care
In hopes that Cara and Andy would soon be here.

The racers were all nestled and snug in their beds
While visions of Ridleys danced in their heads

Diana in her gown and I in my cap
Had just settled down for nice fall nap
When out in the drive there arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter

Away to the window I flew like a flash
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash
When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But the BMW and eight cross racers and all their gear.

The driver being so lively and fast
I knew in a moment it must be Sven Nys

More rapid than eagles over the barriers they came
Sven whistled and called them by name
Now Andy, Now Cara, Now Dwayne and Eric
On Tim, On Nate , On Deb and Jason
To the top of the hill, to the top of the wall
Now run, Now run, runaway all!!

And then in a twinkling, I was in the Bimmer
Off to a cross race where I would hopefully be the winner.

Cross season comes and goes each year
It is shared with special friends and good Belgian beer!!

1 comment:

Cara said...

this is why cross racing is so much fun... AARP members offering to hold your beer then sprinting away with it... :D