Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MSG #4 Wet and Rainy

Saturday I journeyed to Tennessee for the Mud Sweat and Gears cyclocross race #4. I awoke Saturday to wind and pouring rain, made some last minute changes to my wardrobe, put the bikes in the truck instead of on the bike rack so they would remain dry on the trip over saving my tush from the initial cold wet saddle. The drive over was uneventful with one detour on I-26 due to construction on a bridge.
Dwayne did his usual outstanding course setup. The course was somewhat short but it had a lot of turns and the mix of rain and mud made it interesting. I went to the front at the start and attacked the course. Jeff Haase stayed on my wheel and I kept attacking through the mud slick corners. Through one of the corners I heard a metallic sound i.e. handlebars bashing against the TT, I went hard, no mercy. Going through “the spiral of death” I looked and did not see Jeff anywhere in sight, back around to the start finish line where I saw 3 laps to go. The last 3 laps I went hard where I felt relative safe and backed it off a little in the corners. Over all a good race and the bike worked great.

Next up the SS race. The course had definitely changed and was more slippery during this race due to more rain. I had an OK race, definitely over geared and one uphill section I could not decide if it was faster to run or ride. I finished the race and was not last.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and loafing. Doing nothing really, no agenda no plans this felt great something I could get used too.

This weekend NCCX grand prix and my b-day.
Have a good week!!!

3 comments:

Cara said...

you forgot to mention you weren't GIRLED either. NEXT TIME, my friend, NEXT TIME!!!!!

:-)

D-Dub said...

you're supposed to be out riding the mtn bike tandem, freezing!

Cara said...

andy got home from helping a client in the wind tunnel and didn't want to ride so it looks trainer time for me... i need to decide what movie to watch!