Thursday, September 11, 2008

LIFE IS GRAND !!!!!!!



The first cross race of the season…well it is called a training race, although I am not sure what the difference is, it hurts just as bad regardless of what you call it. I do not know where to begin this race report. It felt great to be back on the cross bike going so hard my eyes were crossed, snot running down my face(I am always amazed at how much snot I can produce), drool dripping off my chin, legs burning with pain. Reminds me of a song by John Cougar:

Make it hurt so good…
“Hurt so good Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good”

“Don't have to be so exciting
Just tryin' to give myself a little bit of fun yeah
You always look so invitin', you ain't as green as you are young
Hey baby, it's you, come on, girl, now, it's you
Sink your teeth right through my bones, baby, let's see what we can do
Come on and make it hurt so good”

I have never seen Mr. Cougar at a cross race but I am sure he must have raced at some point … what else would have inspired such lyrics?

The bike worked great the Grifo’s hooked up excellent and the weather was awesome! A few showers off and on made for ideal conditions for testing tires, bikes, brakes etc. Ned from bio-wheels did an excellent job of setting up the course. The course had 2 sets of 2ea barriers, a fast section through the woods with a slight right hander at the bottom(no brakes if you trusted your tires), numerous declining radius turns mixed in with an off camber, a flat section and a steep hill.

The best part of all was the camaraderie among the racers. I got to see my good friend Dwayne and a couple of his buddies from; can you believe it..Tennessee! These guys love cross which is what makes this sport so great! There were ~30 racers total. I was stoked at the turnout, this is great! A couple of racers were MIA but overall a good turnout!

I am still delirious with excitement…problem is I am stuck at work with no one to talk cross with :(!!!

No comments: