Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Grand Finale

This was the last weekend of the Snake Creek Gap TT. I have really enjoyed this event but was glad that we were making this trip for the last time. I have been pleased with my results: 2:13, 2:11 and 2:06. My cheetos training plan seems to be working :). I won the 50 + 17 mile,Stephen Janes was top 10 in the 34 mile SS group,Cara place 3rd in the women's 30+ 17 mile and Andy place 3rd in the 34 mile 35+ category. We were all pleased with our results and glad that it was our last trip.

The farm is progressing nicely.The onions, lettuce and spinach are popping through the ground and should be ready to munch on in a couple of weeks. I still plan on planting "tommy toes", cucmber and some potatoes. The blueberry bush looks to be in good health and hopefully will not get frostbitten this spring. We usually have tons of blue berries. For those of you wanting something easy to grow with very little care, buy some blueberry bushes.

My next race is March 30th. I am not sure if I will be doing the Chickasaw Classic(5hr drive but ambc event} or the Uwharrie race which is part of the Southern Classic Series and there is also a SERC race in Georgia. What to do...What to do so many races in one weekend! Wish I could do all 3.

Oh yeah my daughter called today to say hello and that she was sunning on the deck of a cruise ship. This is her last semester and she decided to splurge and go on a cruise. I have never been on a cruise but I have floated down mud creek on an inner tube. I am not sure I am the cruise type? Anyway it was great hearing from her as always and I am happy it is her last semester, she has worked very hard.

I hope everone has a great week!!! Thanks for reading!

No comments: