Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holidaze

Wow what a great holiday season. I am not sure where to begin. I will preface with: I am truly blessed to have a wonderful family and some awesome friends!!!



The holidaze started for me on Tuesday December 23. This was my last day at work until January 5, 2009. Christmas Eve I did a quick mtn bike ride @ Bent Creek came home and helped Diana get ready for all the family coming over for dinner. Diana's parents came over, our 2 kids their 2 dogs and our dog. We had a full house of people and dogs. A true southern Christmas lol,, well not quite, if it had been a true southern Christmas there would have been more dogs than people. After dinner we all sat around talked, told funny stories etc. Clean up was next and while Diana and the kids were cleaning up I made my way to Black Mountain to feed Andy and Cara's cats.



I arrived at their house took out my flashlight let myself in and began to look for a light switch. At this time it occurred to me that it might look a little suspicious, me rumbling around in someones house with a flashlight. To make matters worse I had left my wallet at home and had no form of identification. Luckily none of the neighbors called the sheriff so I did not have to give any law enforcement officials an explanation of why I was there. Sure I could have told them I was there to feed the cats but once they looked at the cats I am not sure if they would believe the cats needed to be fed and therefore would have assumed I was there to pilfer and plumage.
The cats are mmmmmmmm as Cara would say: "big boned". Once the cats were fed and I picked up my present left on the counter I headed home. THANKS FOR THE PRESENT!!



At home the kids had brought out the Monopoly Game and were setting up the money and game pieces getting ready to play. I sat out of the Monopoly game, took care of the dogs and watched some useless TV. I am not sure how long the Monopoly game lasted but I had to call it a night. Lights out for me, off to bed and wait on old Saint Nick. Nathan, Amber, Abbie, Joseph, Pete(dog#1), Oscar (dog#2) and Little Pete (dog #3) all spent Christmas night with us. This was great. Oh yeah I was warned quite sternly not to get anyone up before 8 am!! 8 am??? no one sleeps to 8 am on Christmas morning! You're supposed to be up at the crack of dawn to see what Santa brought you. Needless to say no one seemed to share my view on this matter so I let everyone sleep until 8 am. While everyone was fast asleep I got up and made breakfast, eggs, biscuits, bacon, sausage and coffee. I waited anxiously for 8 am to roll around, finally it was 8 o'clock I yelled for everyone to be out of bed, downstairs ready to eat and open presents. We had a great morning of eating and sharing gifts. The rest of the day was spent going to my families gathering,more eating and talking. The day had been great but man was I tired.



Friday and Saturday of Christmas week was spent mountain biking and enjoying the company of some great friends.This week I have began to work on finishing my garage and hopefully getting it a little more organized. People have been know to get lost in there for days, not that its that big just that there is so much clutter. We shall see how this goes. I have tried to be organized but sometimes I think I may be one of those people that were meant to be disorganized. I will post pics of before and after. I have also got in a couple of road rides this week. These were short 2-2.5 hour rides. Tuesdays ride was great. Some friends came over and we did one of my favorite rides from my house. The ride was short 2 hours but I was tuckered out at the end. The pace was crisp and the weather perfect. After the ride we got to try out my panini press. I have looked at getting one of these for almost a year and was very excited purchasing,using it, and especially sharing with my friends. They thought I was wacky for being so excited over a panini press, although one or 2 of my friends know I am wacky.

BOTTOM LINE:

HOLIDAZE-ARE GREAT
FAMILY -WONDERFUL
FRIENDS-AWESOME

1 comment:

Cara said...

don't hate on my kitties! for all you know Minou could have dropped 5 pounds, she's so skinny you didn't even see her... ;-)

thanks again for checking on them!