Sunday, March 11, 2018

It has been a while since I have blogged and there have been way too many life events to cover in a single blog so I will fast forward to the last 3 months. On March 4th Diana and I became grandparents to a wonderful 8lb 4oz baby boy...Zebulon Lee Wyatt. We are both very excited and are looking forward to spending time with Zebulon Lee. More BIG news to come hehehehe.

I have been recently diagnosed with a root aortic aneurysm which is distorting the aortic valve causing severe regurgitation. This has been confirmed through an echocardiogram, ct scan and TEE. The next step is a surgery consultation to schedule open heart surgery.

The aneurysm  has been a developing issue and has now caused the regurgitation to be severe so intervention to correct the issue is next. I did find the diagnosis process quite interesting ie during the stress test the techs kept commenting on what a high level of fitness I had and according to time spent on treadmill etc I had the fitness of a 30 year old. I kept thinking to myself my fitness level is the lowest it has been in years so how could it be comparable to a 30 yo. I am at a loss to explain how someone with severe regurgitation could exceed in a fitness test. I have found Asheville Cardiology to be excellent, although I do think the diagnostics are based on the average person and not on someone that has competed all their life. Does this make a difference....I am not sure but it should be taken into consideration.

Adventures...open heart surgery and grand parenting are about all I can handle this year!

No comments: