Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not much happening

Not much has been happening the last few months. I did not do Snake Creek Gap this year because of scheduling conflicts. I have done very little riding outdoors and have gained quite a bit of weight. Diana and I did take a weekend and went cross country skiing. It had been years since we had been cross country skiing. We had a great weekend and it was an awesome workout.
Below is a blog post I started at the end of cross season.


MUD SWEAT AND GEARS

December 12 2009 concluded another year of the Mud Sweat and Gears cyclocross series. Dwayne Letterman henceforth known as the course Maestro and Eric "THE" Wondergem do an awesome job of organizing and putting on this event. The venues , courses, entertainment and people make this a first class act. Thanks to all of the people that make this possible.




The series was well coordinated by not having races on consecutive weekends allowing the racers to venture off to some of the larger events. By larger I mean more people racing in each category.This is helpful for those that plan on going to nationals where riding at high speeds and bumping elbows is a must have skill. Thanks for this consederation guys!




Three course venues were used this year-Kingston, Bristol and Johnson City. Each venue offered its own peculuarities and for the first time that I can remember the weather was also a factor. We had dry, rain, sleet and snow hot and cold.I do admit I enjoyed it all.

Great job guys and girls!!!

No comments: