Sunday, May 24, 2009

Update

I am not sure where to start, since it seems to have been so long since I have blogged.mmmmmmm let's see perhaps I will start with race updates:

Ducktown race-raced in torrential downpour needless to say very muddy. I finished 3rd in this race and my friend Van won. I had a great time and it was good to see all the gang. I got to talk to Martin Visser, a great friend and awesome racer.

Next up was Spartanburg "Stump Jump" I won this race and the South Carolina State Championship. I am not from South Carolina and told the official. The official said it did not matter I had won anyway oh well.

Next weekend (may 30-31) I plan on doing the "Wheel Ride for Food" and then perhaps going to VA to do one of the Southern Classic Races. I will watch the weather and decide whether or not to do these rides.

Today (memorial day) Diana and I had planned a ride with some friends, unfortunately it got rained out.So we chose option #2 and went hiking to John's Rock in the Pisgah National Forest above the Fish Hatchery. It was a great hike and a great lunch on top of John's Rock. I am not sure why it is called John's Rock but anyway it is a nice rock with great views. We sat and watched the rain roll into the coves and valleys. A great day!!

I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: