Saturday, October 11, 2008

GOT GAS???????

"OH MY GAWD WE ARE OUT OF GAS !!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE OUT OF GAS !!!!!!!" Cara exclaims...sure enough the BMW was on empty and the brain told us we had 0 miles left on the tank.

I am sure I will suffer from some long term hearing impairment in my right ear from a certain person going into a panic. The panic was justifiable I have to admit as we were on a 4 lane road and were about to be out of gas. Luckily we were near an exit (within 1 mile) and decided it would be better to be stranded on a 2 lane road versus an interstate. We exited and to our relief there was a gas station. Once at the station we had a difficult time getting to a pump because of the location of the fuel cap.I thought we were going to run out of gas at the station, Cara can get very aggressive when almost out of gas. Perhaps the recent gas shortage in NC taught her a few things. We were alomost to get to a pump when someone tried to cut us off, Cara hopped out of the car... we're almost out of gas she screamed we need this pump...she even scared me!!!

The BMW held 18.675 gallons of gas. It has a 16 gallon tank with 2 gallon reserve...whew we dodged a bullet here. Or I should say I dodged the bullet as I had been driving and was reminded it was my resposibility to watch the gas gauge. I guess I thought if the lady in the GPS system was smart enough to give us directions she would have told us we were about to run out of gas...apparently not.

oh well on to the race report: the racing has been great, we have all had a great time. Deb and Cara had a great race in the elite womens, Nate had a top fifteen in the elite men, I won the cat 3-4 masters on Friday and raced the elite masters on Saturday. Both courses were great I will include some pics and perhaps a more detailed report will follow.

Have a good week!

No comments: