Thursday, September 18, 2008

!!!!!!!!!!! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm so excited
I just can't hide it
I'm about to loose control
And I think I like it"

Yet another song inspired by cross racing! I am sure this person penned these lyrics on the night before the first big cyclocross race road trip!

Tomorrow(Friday) morning Nate and I will be off to do a couple of MAC series races, Pa. on Saturday and then to Baltimore to race on Sunday. What a wonderful and exciting weekend ahead. I will have trouble sleeping tonight for sure...kinda like the night before Christmas when I was a kid.Ok, so I'm weird who cares and if you do care I certainly do not!!!
Weird...mmmm perhaps this is what the neighbors think....Their kids come running into the house "mom,dad Mr. Wyatt has flipped again, he is running up and down his drive with a bicycle slung over his shoulder. Neghbors "quick kids get in the house and bring the dog too" I can see them peeking out from behind the curtains wondering what kind of lunatic they have for a neighbor. Even the mail man throws mail into the box as quickly as he can then roars off without making eye contact...thinking that somehow by making eye contact he will become as weird as I. Seeing the neighbors at the grocery...they appear nervous as I try to engage in conversation..the kids hide behind their parents legs and peek around to see the weirdo.
Yep cross will make you weird but you don't have to worry about being bothered with the neighbors or their kids!! Oh well I have digressed enough.

Looks like a 9 hour drive up and then 7 hours back from Baltimore.I will be giving on the road reports and posting pics from Saturdays race on Saturday night. I have cleaned the cross bike installed a new chain and am ready to go.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend!!!