Monday, September 22, 2008

Crash and Burn

Yesterday: Charm City Cross race and what a race it was. The venue was awesome and seemed to suit me a little better than the Nittany cross race. This course had a good mix of pavement,grass,sand and off camber sections. I again got my rear end kicked in the elite masters field but it was good experience to start at the back of a large group and work my way up. The start was so dusty at times it was difficult to see the course but once the pack thinned out I rode a hard race and attacked the course. I felt I had better rhythm than the previous day, smoother more efficient riding, and the legs felt great. A wonderful day and a great race!

After the race it was hit the road and drive for 8 hours back to NC. We arrived home and I got to bed at ~ 2am. Got up at 7AM drove Diana's car to Hendersonville and dropped off at body shop to have some scratches repaired hopped on my bike and made my way back to Fairview. I thought wow I am feeling great!! Worked on my home project sat down for lunch on the porch and it hit me. The weekend races the 20 + hours of driving the bike ride home from Hendersonville caught up with me. Crash and Burn I am ready for a nap(naps are good,the best recovery there is).

So thanks for reading it is off to nap time for me!!

OH yeah Andy and Cara made cyclocross world news..check it out
http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/News.cfm?Action=Edit&MenuKey=1481&theKey=1481&back2=home
A great couple and I am sure this will be an awesome cross camp!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

thanks for making the drive to support our race (Charm City)