Sunday, November 15, 2009

The BIG ADVENTURE Part 2

After a difficult time of getting to sleep the night before I awoke at 4:30 am Friday morning. My body was still on eastern standard time. I lay in bed and tried to go back to sleep but to no avail, I was wide awake. I did stay in bed until 6 am at which time I got up made coffee and then walked up to the Safeway grocery store. At the store I purchased breakfast items that included eggs, Canadian bacon, jelly, bagels and my favorite..milk. I made my way back to the house and commenced cooking breakfast. While cooking Diana and I planned a day trip to the town of Hood River.

After breakfast and cleanup we hopped in the car and made our to historic highway 17? . Along the way we stopped at all the waterfalls and did several short hikes (all the touristy stuff). The drive itself was beautiful, with leaves still at their peak. We arrived at Hood River and walked around the town and had lunch at the Full Sail brewery overlooking the Columbia River. After lunch it was back in the car and onto I 84 for the drive back to Portland.

While driving back I got a call from Cara saying she could not get into the house and the phone # that I gave her was incorrect. This was the start of several of my blunders. I gave her the correct code and walah the garage door opened and she was no longer out in the cold and rain. Diana and I arrived home a short time later and we contacted Murray and made plans to meet for dinner. We met Molly and Murray at their house and then it was off to The HUB for a wonderful dinner. After dinner it was back to Molly's and Murray's to drop them off and a quick tour of their awesome house and then back to our house.
Once back,we set up the Futon and it was lights out, little did we know what lay ahead!!!
More tomorrow!!

No comments: