Sunday, March 23, 2008

!!! Great Weekend !!!

Wow what a good weekend! Spent time with family great friends and pets! What more could a person ask for. I am truly blessed!!! The weekend started with me leaving work 1 hour early Friday heading home and hopping on the bike. I was off to do my usual route and ran upon Mark and Reich. It just so happened they were just getting started on their ride. I hooked up them and we did 2 hours easy, great ride with 2 good guys. Mark and I have known each other for a long time, we coached soccer and also played soccer on the ABYSA adult league for several years.

Friday night Diana and I decided to go the movies and see "The Bucket List". A great movie; it was the 2nd time we have been to the movie in a month.A record for us,we usually only go once every five years. We got home at 10 PM, way past my bed time, the kids were worried that we stayed out so late!

Saturday dawned, I did some work around the house and called Cara to she if she would be interested in doing a road ride. We met at the house and went out on a gently rolling 3+ hour ride. I really intended for it to only be 2.5+ hours but I had not ridden the route in a while and my time estimate was slightly off. I feel rather bad that the ride was 3+ hours since Cara had done a difficult ride the day before with Andy on the tandem and was slightly tired. It was a great ride but I was tuckered out at the end.
After the ride I went and picked up my chainsaw from the hardware store and begin clearing the bank behind our house. Great upper body workout. I got half of it cleared and stopped to eat a great meal, burgers, potato salad and beans mmmmmmmmm good!

Sunday, Diana and I rolled out of bed @ 4:30 AM(!!!) to go to the easter sunrise service at Chimney Rock State Park, Lake Lure. This was the first time I have been inside Chimney Rock Park, great place. All I could think of on the way up was wow this would be a great climb on a bike!! Here are some pics:






After the service we returned home I cooked breakfast and we had a quick nap.

The nap was interrupted when Nate called and wanted to go mtn biking in Pisgah so I told him to come on over and we could go do a 3 hour ride. We had a great ride and unlike the ride the previous day my estimate was dead on, 2 hours 50 mins. And only 1 flat.









After the ride we returned home where we began the tradition of dyeing easter eggs.






The kids think I'm goofy, oh well. Oh yeah and someone snitched a piece of cake, see for yourself.




And the culprit, note the beady eyes, I am sure he snitched the cake!!



Anyway a great weekend and the best of all was the mask my daughter got me while on her cruise. It is nice to be thought of when they are far away!!

2 comments:

Dwayne said...

Hey Dwight, looks like you had a great easter weekend. I laid ceramic tile, still not done. I borrowed your mud and cowbells link and added it to my blog. See you in the fall.

D-Dub said...

Dwayne:
It is great to hear from you! Hey Nate and I are traveling to Columbia Tenn to race the chickasaw classic. We have room for you if you would like to go. Good luck with the ceramic tile.
Let me know if you are over this way and we can ride or go out to dinner, heck I'll even cook you dinner!